The Antarctic seasons begins in November with the first visitors arriving into a pristine environment that few if anyone will have visited since March. For the wildlife it is spring and there is much activity in the penguin colonies and you may be lucky enough to see courtship displays. The landscape also looks impressive as there is more ice and the snow is fresh.
● Penguin courtship & nest building.
● Elephant seals fighting for territory in South Georgia.
● Weddell & Fur seals mating.
● Albatross, Marine Fulmars & Petrels cross the Drake Passage.
● Spring flowers across The Falklands.
● Impressive amounts of sea ice & clean snow.
● Perhaps the best month for photographers.